Tuesday, February 15, 2011

HW 35 - Other Peoples' Perspectives 1

Pregnancy, having the baby, then becoming the parent. Birth can be a beautiful thing when it finally occurs, ugly in the beginning usually but most parents find births to be a positive outcome for the experience they gain from it as well as the child, thanking the parent in the long run for life and experience. For this assignment, i decided to interview one of my friends, my half-brother and my second cousin.

My friend jay told me he believes that pregnancy is an interesting topic. He told me it is one thing to commit to the idea of having a baby, but another thing to commit to the nine month struggle with stress and pain producing one. This lead him to think of how interesting it must be to watch your child grow up and compare and contrast the similarities of behavior between you and your child. I agreed with his ideas.

My half brother Virgil told me he believes babies can be a beautiful to have. He has had experience watching friends older than him experience raising a child. He said that although at first the process was difficult, most of his friends overall enjoyed the experience of raising a child after 11-13 years (even though they knew there was a lot more to experience with the child). He imagines himself going through the same process once he has reached his 30s. "Although i believe having a child and settling down at a point in a persons life is a typical american perspective, it was meant to be that way"-My Half Brother. I somewhat agree with him, i plan to settle down at one point as well, but not till later in life (40's)

My second cousin thought similarly about becoming a parent. This would be that becoming a parent is something that most people should experience in their lifetime. "Just as long as you are between age twenty to fifty you should take advantage of the opportunity you were given in life to have children"-My second Cousin. She believes that having a child is like a second life relived through your child's eyes, a second chance to fix things through a different you. She also added that even if your child cannot do everything better at what you screwed up on younger that unless your child becomes a stripper or severe drug addict, you should take pride in your children and never let them get hurt. I agreed with my cousins statements completely. You only have one life, and one time to become a parent.

No comments:

Post a Comment